Monday 7 January 2008

Jeremy Clarkson has money stolen


The BBC are reporting that Clarkson has had some money stolen after publishing his bank details in his newspaper coloumn.

He was trying to prove that the losing of two discs worth of data by the government was a fuss about nothing.

"All you'll be able to do with them is put money into my account. Not take it out. Honestly, I've never known such a palaver about nothing,"


But he was proved wrong when he opened his bank statement and saw that a £500 Direct Debit had been set up, automatically donating money to Diabetes UK.

Clarkson has since said:

The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again. I was wrong and I have been punished for my mistake."


It is not known as to whether he has cancelled the Direct Debit or not!

No comments: